What Information Do We Collect About You
We collect information about you when you enquire or register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies. The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience at our clubs. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club. We may also collect and create details on other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18. ?We also collect the following information:
- Sensitive information - We collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise or for treatments in one of our spas. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Personal Information from Children - We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
- Photographs for Membership Card - In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of each member to whom a membership card is issued. By providing the digital photograph to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via Website or otherwise - When you use one of TCC’s websites or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- CCTV - We use CCTV in our clubs for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our clubs please contact us.
- Surveys - We also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How will we use the information about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contractual agreement, and to provide you with the information and products or services you request. These may include the facilitation of golf tee time bookings, class bookings, spa and creche bookings and the provision of services to us by our agreed third party providers;
- To process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to maintain membership records;
- To improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- To send you newsletters and promotions and to conduct surveys, prize draws, competitions and other promotions via email, telephone or post;
- To notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, and club rules.
- To process your job application if you apply for employment at a TCC club.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other clubs in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
The Data Controller, The Club Company, Bath Road, Knowl Hill, Reading, Berkshire, RG10 9AL
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
In order to comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will protect your personal data from unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss by using commercially reasonable security measures. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Nothing in this policy in any way excludes or limits our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site; any transmission will be at your own risk.
We are not responsible or liable to you for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with your use of this Site which is caused by any event beyond our reasonable control including the electronic transmission of information, content, material and data over the internet and the interception and decryption of it by others.
We are not responsible to you for any losses or damage you may suffer caused by any distributed denial-of-service attack, or any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful and which may infect, contaminate or damage your computer equipment or computer programs, or cause damage to software or damage to or loss of data unless caused by our negligence. You should ensure that you use appropriate virus checking software and firewalls. Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Site, we do not check, review, monitor, verify or endorse any information, content, material or data collected from or provided by third parties which is displayed on or is otherwise available from this Site or any third party websites or services which you can access from the Site. We are not responsible to you for any loss, damage or injury you may suffer or incur in connection with such information, content, material or data. It is your responsibility to check that such information, content, material or data is accurate, current, correct and complete.
If your personal data is accessed by an unauthorised third party, we will not be responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused as a result of such unauthorised access.
Where we have given you a password or pin number which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password or pin number confidential. We ask you not to share your password or PIN with anyone.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Site continues to be available there may be times when it is not available. This may be for reasons relating to the maintenance of, or alterations to, the Site or for reasons beyond our control.
We are not responsible to you if the Site is unavailable.
How to contact us